Although we try to maintain a healthy and balanced diet throughout the year, it must be recognized that there are special dates when we forget about the diet.
There are also times when anxiety gets the better of us and we end up eating foods that we shouldn’t.
Giving up some of the things we like the most can create anxiety, so I recommend that from time to time you indulge yourself by making the recipes you like the most to be able to substitute the most harmful ingredients for healthier ones.
The best part is that in doing so, you don’t have to sacrifice flavor.
There are ways to prepare pastries and sweets for yourself in a healthy way, changing some ingredients and making the result delicious.
Keep in mind that industrial bakery contains many additives that can be harmful to our body, especially if we eat it with a certain frequency.
However, as we have said, we can make some pastry recipes that do not have to cause us any kind of remorse, since they are the healthiest in pastries.
Would you like to know some of those recipes?
Then keep reading because we will help you, and you can continue eating pastries, without regrets, and without threatening your diet.
We give you four fantastic ideas that the blog Anna Easy Recipes has compiled.
1. Chocolate chip milk bread
Who doesn’t love a chocolate chip muffin? Well, it is much easier to do than you may think, as they show us at Annarecetasfaciles.com The only thing we recommend is that, since they are not industrial pastries, you consume them in a short period of time, since otherwise they could over-drying.
Ingredients for 24 muffins:
- 700 gr. strength flour
- 100 gr. of butter
- 100 gr. of sugar
- 15 gr. baker’s yeast
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml. milk
- 100 gr- of chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- Filuis the baker’s yeast in 6 tablespoons of warm milk and add 75 grams of flour. Mix everything and cover it with a kitchen towel for 30 minutes, so we will obtain the sourdough.
2. In a bowl we put 3 eggs, 300 grams of flour, butter, salt, sugar and milk at room temperature. Mix all the ingredients and add it to the sourdough. Add the lemon zest and continue mixing.
3. On a flat and clean surface we place the remaining amount of flour and on it the dough resulting from the previous mixture. We knead well with our hands until we get a homogeneous and consistent dough (this will take us between 10 and 15 minutes). Add the chocolate chips little by little while continuing to knead, and save some chips for decoration.
4. We cut the dough into portions similar in size to an egg and place them on a baking tray that we will have previously dusted with flour. We must separate some buns well from others, since it increases their size considerably.
5. We add some seeds as a decoration and paint the buns with egg.
6. With the oven off, we put the tray inside and cover the door with a kitchen cloth, thus protecting the rolls from outside light.
7. Once the muffins have puffed up (3-5 hours depending on room temperature), it’s time to bake them. We will put them in the oven for ten to fifteen minutes at 200ºC.
8. Once they cool, it is advisable to store them in a plastic bag to prevent them from drying out. Enjoy your meal!
2. Homemade Donuts
If you like pastries, donuts are an important part of your life. It has been the favorite sweet of all children and more so when it can be combined with many other flavors. For this recipe, family-kitchen friends recommend us to space it out in three days, but the result is worth it.
Ingredients for 30 donuts:
For the pre-leavened dough:
- 120 gr. strength flour
- 120 gr. warm milk
- 25 gr. of sugar
- 25 gr. fresh baker’s yeast
For the main dough of the donuts:
- 500 gr. of strength flour + 100 gr. more reinforcement (approximately)
- 1 medium egg
- Pre-fermented yeast that we have prepared beforehand
- 80 gr. of sugar
- 250 ml. warm milk
- 50 gr- melted butter
- Zest of an orange
- 5 gr. of salt
For the frosting:
- 100 ml. of water
- 25 gr. of butter
- Powdered sugar
- Squeezed lemon (optional)
- Sunflower oil
- To make the sourdough, we will mix the yeast in the warm milk, then add the flour and sugar and stir well until we get a homogeneous dough. We cover the result with a cloth and let it rest until the next day, when we will see that it has considerably increased in size.
- For the donut dough, put the flour, the egg and the milk in a large bowl. Mix well and add the sourdough and sugar, making sure that all the ingredients are well integrated. Without stopping to beat we add the orange zest and butter. When we see that the dough is practically ready we add the salt.
- We finish the kneading on a flat and clean surface, with our hands we will make the dough have a perfect finish, a process that can take about 15 minutes.
- Once we have the homogeneous dough, we put it in a bowl covered with a cloth and let it rest until the next day.
- We divide the dough into small portions that are easy for us to handle. With the help of a roller, we flatten them so that they are approximately 1 cm thick. You can use a mold to get the round shape as well as a bottle cap for the center hole.
6. Coloca todos los donuts en bandejas del horno y tápalos con un trapo. En un par de horas la masa habrá subido al menos tres veces su tamaño inicial. Es el momento de freírlos.
7. En una sartén grande ponemos bastante aceite y agregamos los donuts a temperatura media, para que se frían despacio. Cuando estén dorados por ambos lados los sacamos a un papel absorbente que quite el exceso de aceite.
8. In a bowl we add the water, butter and icing sugar to make the glaze. We bathe the donuts, once cold, in this preparation. When the sugar dries, they are ready to be eaten.
So that all the steps are clear to us, in the following video you can see the delicious recipe step by step.
They do not need definition or presentation.
Croissants stand up for themselves and being able to make them at home is possibly our downfall, but a downfall that is really worth it.
They are ideal to eat between meals, but you can also prepare them for a special breakfast.
The best thing is that the croissants that we will teach you to prepare will not threaten your diet, and you will enjoy the exquisite flavor.
As a recommendation: do not be impatient and wait for them to cool down to try them, as they advise us from the Pattyscake blog.
Ingredients for 15 medium croissants:
For the sourdough:
- 170 gr. strength flour
- 25 gr. fresh yeast
- 100 ml. milk
For the main dough:
- 340 gr. Of flour
- 100 gr. of butter
- 80 ml. of water
- 1 egg
To puff pastry:
- 250 gr. cold butter
For the pre-oven glaze:
- 1 egg
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
For the post-oven frosting:
- 80 gr. of sugar
- 30 ml. of water
- To make the sourdough, we put the flour and yeast in a bowl and mix. Add the milk and knead until we get a homogeneous dough. We make a ball.
2. We fill another bowl with warm water (very important that it is warm), we place the sourdough ball inside it, so that the water covers the dough completely. We let it sit like this for 15 minutes until it increases in size and begins to float.
3. In a large bowl we put all the ingredients of the main dough, that is: the flour, the butter, the water and the egg, and mix it a little. Then we will add the sourdough and begin to knead with our hands. We have to make sure that all the ingredients are well integrated until a homogeneous dough is obtained, something that can take us from 10 to 15 minutes.
4. We let the dough rest to double in size while we prepare the butter for puff pastry. In a large freezer bag we put the proportion of butter. With the help of a rolling pin, we will knead the butter until it spreads throughout the bag. We put it in the fridge so that it stays flat.
5. Once the dough has risen, we stretch it on a piece of plastic wrap approximately 40×30 centimeters. We put the butter on the dough and fold the edges inwards, as we see in the photographs.
6. We wrap the dough in the same plastic and put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
7. We spread the dough again on a flat surface until it recovers the size of 40×30. Then we give it a double turn: we fold the ends towards the center and we fold again, as seen in the photograph. Now we let the dough rest in this form for 3 minutes in the refrigerator.
8. After that time, we stretch the dough again, although this time it is not necessary to reach 40×30, but it does need to be elongated. This time we fold it like a letter: first one end half way and then the other end over it. We put it back in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
9. We cut the dough in half, one of the parts we reserve inside the fridge and we work with the other. We stretch one of the parts until they are 5 mm thick, achieving a size of approximately 30×20 centimeters. Now we will split 10×20 centimeter triangles.
10. The triangles, to which we will make a cut at the base, we roll them on each other, obtaining the shape of a croissant. We let them rest on a baking tray until they double in size. And we repeat the same process with the other part of the dough.
11. In a bowl add the egg, sugar and salt mixture for the pre-baked glaze. We paint the croissants with the mixture and then put them in the oven, which we will have preheated, for 15 minutes at 170ºC.
12. In a saucepan we put the sugar and water for the last glaze, beat well until the sugar has dissolved. We sprinkle the syrup on top once we take them out of the oven and we only have to wait for them to cool down a bit to be able to savor them.
And to give yourself life by eating these croissants without any regrets, because as you have noticed they are made with ingredients that will not harm your diet.
Gather the ingredients and get ready!
4. Sweet quesadilla
Sweet quesadillas are a typical sweet from South America, which is becoming international due to its successful flavor. If you are a cheese lover, this is undoubtedly your recipe.
But of course, if you buy them in a store, you will have to put your diet at risk, and although you will undoubtedly enjoy the quesadilla, you will also suffer from remorse for not having respected your diet.
To beat that scenario, and enjoy the delicious quesadillas, stick to the recipe that we will present to you.
You can make this sweet with Latin cheese, which you can get in specialized stores or using feta cheese, as recommended by the blog cocinaconclau.
For the mass:
- 250 gr. strength flour
- 250 gr. all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope of baker’s yeast
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of anise seeds
- 2 eggs
- 100 gr. of butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
For the filling:
- 250 gr- de queso latino o queso feta
- 1 huevo
- Ralladura de nuez moscada
- 1/2 cucharada de canela
- 1/2 cucharada de semillas de anís
- 1/2 taza de azúcar
- We combine the two types of flour and add the yeast, sugar, salt, cinnamon and anise seeds. We mix all the ingredients well and add the butter, the holes and the milk. Knead for five minutes until we get a homogeneous dough and let the dough rest until it doubles in size.
- On the other hand, we mix all the ingredients of the filling, that is: the cheese, the egg, the nutmeg zest, the cinnamon, the anise seeds and the sugar. We mix it well and reserve it.
- When the dough has risen, we divide it into the balls (for these amounts approximately 6 come out, but you can vary the size). We stretch the portions with a rolling pin and paint the edges with a beaten egg. Then we fold them inwards and make sure that it is well glued.
4. We fill the resulting mold of the dough with the filling that we had previously prepared. Be careful not to overflow the mold, since during cooking the mixture increases in size.
5. We paint the outside with egg and we only have to bake them for approximately 35 minutes at 180º, until they are golden. Bon appetit!