Fine flour, also called cornstarch, is one of the most common and widely used types of flour in gastronomy, especially for making sauces or in baking. However, thanks to its many qualities, it can also be used outside the kitchen. Do you want to know how?
Cornstarch is often used in batters or as a thickener, this is because it has a great capacity to absorb liquids and fat. That is where its greatest potential lies and in this video we demonstrate it to you.
Here are 6 great and very practical tricks you can do with cornstarch, both for your home and for personal care and image. Difficult spots? Excess sebum on the scalp? How to get a matte finish on your nails? All these questions finally have an effective answer.
Nutritional composition of cornstarch flour
Cornstarch or cornflour is a natural product extracted from the kernels of this vegetable that has the following nutritional composition:
– It is rich in B group vitamins (B1, B2 and B3) and also highlights its vitamin A, C and E content.
– It also has a high content of complex carbohydrates and proteins.
– Within its composition, cornstarch is a product with different minerals: potassium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, calcium, zinc, selenium and magnesium.
– Corn starch is a food rich in fiber. Its water content is also important.
– Finally, it is low in fat and calories. It is also gluten-free.
After knowing the properties and characteristics of cornstarch we are going to see what are its main benefits in different activities and occasions:
Properties and benefits of cornstarch for the skin.
Cornstarch or corn starch is a natural flour that, thanks to the nutritional richness that we mentioned in the previous section, has several very beneficial properties for our dermis. These are the main properties and benefits of cornstarch for the skin:
-Treatment for oily skin
Cornstarch is a food that stands out for its astringent properties that help us to both reduce and balance the levels of oil in our skin. As a result of this reduction of accumulated sebum in the face, cornstarch has the ability to reduce other unsightly skin problems such as the appearance of pimples and all kinds of unwanted thorns in the T-zone of our face, that is, the forehead, nose and chin.
-Combats excess acne and blackheads
As we have indicated, corn starch has a very powerful astringent effect so it can also be an excellent treatment to help improve other conditions caused by excess sebum in the complexion such as acne, open pores, blackheads and blackheads.
-Used as a facial cleanser
Cornstarch has a very good power in benefiting our skin, it is composed of vitamins and different types of minerals that make cornmeal a powerful cleanser on our skin. In the end it turns out to be a material with antiseptic properties and very beneficial for the human being. The benefits that we can notice in a matter of several treatments are: Cleaning of impurities that develops a more illuminated and radiant face.
-Prevents and reduces wrinkles
Due to its richness in vitamin E and some minerals, cornstarch also has incredible antioxidant properties. Thanks to this effect, corn flour is a natural treatment that, due to its protective function against skin oxidation caused by free radicals, prevents the symptoms of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines and gives the skin a more youthful appearance.
-Relieves other skin problems
Finally, thanks to the antiseptic power of cornstarch, we can use it as a home remedy for other skin conditions such as sunburn or insect bites. Cornstarch helps to relieve some symptoms caused by these types of cases such as irritation, itching, inflammation and redness of the affected area.
Home remedies for skin with cornstarch
As you already know the remedies for the skin it is important now that you see that they can be applied to your life and replace products that maybe you were spending a lot of money and that work in the same way. But you can make them at home, and it is much more economical!
I recommend that you follow the instructions for the creation of the products and once there apply it and see the difference in your skin. This way you will enjoy a product made by you in a natural way and that is positive for your health.
-Anti-wrinkle mask: If you want to make this home remedy and be able to complete a good mask made by you and that does not have a high cost compared to the masks that you can buy in a store for a high price. To start making this remedy all you have to do is mix two tablespoons of cornstarch with an egg white and then add a tablespoon of honey. When you have completed these steps mix well and apply it on your face. Then let the mask take effect for 25 minutes. When these minutes are over, remove it from your face and wash it off with plenty of cold water.
– Anti-acne home remedy: In order to make a home remedy for acne it is important to do it carefully and following the steps, it is not a complicated process it is rather simple but you have to obey the order in which the ingredients are added to get a good anti-acne product.
First of all you have to start mixing a spoonful of cornstarch with a spoonful of honey, stir for two minutes and then add half a cup of water, as simple as this. Once we have this concoction proceed to apply it all over the face, let it act 25-30 minutes and remove with cold water all over the surface where we have applied the concoction.
– Anti-stain mask: For this remedy we mix two tablespoons of cornstarch with half a cup of milk, mix for one minute and 10 seconds. When the mixture is ready, add the juice of a squeezed lemon. The more juice the more acidity and the greater the functionality of this anti-spot mask, but always with caution it is important not to exceed much acidity, so the juice of a medium sized lemon is ideal for the mask. Once you have this remedy, apply it on your skin, let it act for 8-12 minutes and then remove it again with plenty of cold water, clean all the remains that remain on your skin and leave your skin shiny and smooth.